I have created this site for us, Hyun Joong's fans, to honestly express our thoughts and feelings in a safe forum governed with honor and respect as our hearts overflow with love for our Angel. May he be as proud of us, his faithful followers, as we are of him, our idol. Oh, cheonsa, Kim Hyun Joong.


Please email me at angeljoong@gmail.com




If English is hard for you to read you can translate the site here...

Translate Blog

Monday, December 17, 2012

Kim Hyun Joong: Angel Gala



[ARTICLE] Happy New Year to Kim Hyun Joong and Alien Family

As 2012 comes to a close, I would like to celebrate the year in memories and pictures.  Kim Hyun Joong was listed as one of the all star lineup for China's Jiangsu Satellite TV's New Year's Eve Gala 2012.  He will be performing on stage at the event, and I hope to see it on youtube as an exciting year end for 2012.  I know Hyun Joong would be happy to spend the evening with his fans as his official "date."  And we will give him the greatest gift we can give as the clock tolls midnight by pushing him into 2013 as the #1 on the Oricon chart and giving him the Yahoo Buzz award!  Buy UNLIMITED now, now, now!


"What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?"

Maybe it's much too early in the game
Aah, but I thought I'd ask you just the same
What are you doing New Year's
New Year's Eve?

Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tight
When it's exactly twelve o'clock that night
Welcoming in the New Year
New Year's Eve

Maybe I'm crazy to suppose
I'd ever be the one you chose
Out of a thousand invitations
You received

Aah, but in case I stand one little chance
Here comes the jackpot question in advance
What are you doing New Year's
New Year's Eve?

 Kim Hyun Joong has accomplished so many feats this year, including the release of his first full length Solo Album Unlimited.  With this release comes Hyun Joong's biggest dream as a performer, to record and play music with a live band.


The video teaser for Your Story was released and all I can say is I was slain.  Hyun Joong looks so grown up, manly and sexy singing with a band behind him and playing different rhythm guitars in the different scenes.  I can't wait until Hyun Joong feels confident enough to play guitar live on stage.  Perhaps he will when he begins his Unlimited tour in January 2013.  Mr. Perfectionist stated in an interview that he has been taking lessons and will present to his fans his guitar playing skills soon.
http://europe.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2012-11/12/content_15919274.htm

So, I want to review 2012 with the memories I have shared with Hyun Joong and you his amazing fans.  My memories are not necessarily in order of the actual events... I am going by what I remember as I think back and how they come into my mind.  My first memory was finding the article pertaining to his fan meetings in Singapore and the high-five session with over 3,000 fans.  This left me in awe, and I began to be his fan without any hesitation.  Up to that time, I had been hesitant to nurture my obsession as I was concerned it might be unhealthy.  When I read about this amazing feat, I was hooked for good and could no longer fight it!  Haaaa!  Haaaa!  Here is the article I read and gave my google+:
http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/7929/20120505/kim-hyun-joong-high-fives-3-000-fans.htm



I love this photo with Hyun Joong shaking hands with a young fan and Mr. Jeong smiling behind him. We really miss you Mr. Jeong!  I am praying your health is ok since the last photo we saw was not looking good.   :(

Next 2012 memory is Breakdown!  OMO!  Even though it was actually realeased in 2011, it was not until early 2012 that I saw this video at youtube and then saw the video at Mnet... I was so shocked by the grown up Kim Hyun Joong!  I had only known him as Ji Hoo, a sweet high school boy!  I watched the Mnet video over and over going crazy with that sexy body!  His abs were AMAZING!  :D



click on the picture below to review Breakdown Memories in my photo album at google+!



My next memory for 2012 would be Kiss Kiss/Lucky Guy (also released in 2011, but not a memory for me until 2012.)  After the shock of Breakdown, Hyun Joong came back again with a softer image and BLONDE HAIR!  At first, my mind was very confused with this look.  He looks great with any hairstyle and color... but, he still had the short spiky curly hair from Breakdown and it was so different from Ji Hoo!  I was in complete shock.  I loved Kiss Kiss sweetness and danced like crazy to Lucky Guy in my apartment.  I was a bit frustrated because I had some trouble finding the Korean versions for download.  I had to *gasp* download them for free off a file sharing site.  Is this legal?  It's a gray area.  I was frustrated because I wanted to support Hyun Joong!  I was finally able to download official releases from Amazon some months later.  *sigh*

click on the picture below to review Lucky Guy Memories in my photo album at google+!



After I found Lucky Guy, the net began to buzz with a new drama starring Hyun Joong as the character Baek Mir based on the manga City Conquest.  Articles were posted regarding the pre-sale for the drama for 100,000,000 won not long after confirmations of Hyun Joong's acceptance of the role.  A few weeks later we were all noticing Hyun Joong was looking rather thin in his pictures as he was still busy travelling from country to country promoting his fan meetings.  He was pushing himself so hard shaking hands with up to 5,000 fans in one meeting and seemed to constantly be in airports late at night and wee early in the morning.
All the momma and noona fans were worried about our baby Hyun Joongie that he was not eating well and missing sleep.

Then, we heard he had gone on a new diet and workout program to prepare for City Conquest.  I remember reading that he had lost down to 7% body fat and was working hard to build muscle for his manly action role.  I worried like crazy when I saw the first still from City Conquest and his Adam's apple was so prominent.  He looked just too thin for this noona/momma fan and I expressed my comments around on blogs and social sites.  It was not long after this I began writing my own blog at wordpress.  I posted there for a couple of months and then moved to this site in August.


click on the picture below to review City Conquest Memories in my photo album at google+!



Even though I like a prominent Adam's apple and find it quite sexy... it was still too much in this photo and made my heart so worried for Hyun Joong.   7% body fat is just way too little.  He seems to be looking MUCH healthier now and a lot like his old self!  Thank God!

Next, and probably the MOST memorable for me was Hyun Joong singing at the Budokan Henecia Anniversary fan meeting, "I'm a Creep."  I was just knocked down by his raw emotion and his rocker sexiness.  I will never forget playing the video clip at youtube OVER and OVER again, practically in tears because his emotional delivery was grabbing my heart and squeezing it inside my chest.  I am really loving Hyun Joong as a solo rock singer with a live band.  It was a little hard for me to grasp when HEAT came out, but I am 100% there with him after that performance, "I'm a Creep."

 click on the picture below to review Budokan Memories in my photo album at google+!



After Budokan, I remember Happy Camp!  What can I say except I lmao at him playing like a kid and making the translator and hosts crack up so much they could not go on!  I just love him for being so funny and 4D.  I have to admit I was a bit put out with the one male host who kept making fun of his Chinese.  I think the little man was just a bit jealous, that's all!  I heard recently that Hyun Joong is now working hard on his  Chinese lessons.  I hope that mean host was not the cause for him to become so serious.  Surely, if I know Hyun Joong, he simply wants to be able to communicate with his Chinese fans clearly.  They are probably the largest group of fans he has right now as far as population and numbers.  It makes perfect sense.

click on the picture below to review Happy Camp Memories in my photo album at google+!



HEAT was a bit of culture shock for me, and even though I like the song, I am LOVING his new songs that are coming out on UNLIMITED.  I bought my copy even though I know it won't play in my American CD player.  I will have the CD, a Calendar Poster, and the Limited ed. of UNLIMITED as keepsakes.  But, the memories of 2012 are the best keepsakes of all.  I will never forget this year because it is the first year I started to follow him in earnest.  I now spend time every day reading up on his activities and dedicated a lot of my time voting for him in popularity polls.  Even translating Korean painstakingly word by word to understand how to vote and what the pop up messages were telling me.

If he does not get an award from the Korean Culture Awards, well, all I have to say is it's RIGGED!  He deserves best Hallyu star in Korea.  I mean seriously, the guy who came out on top... I've never HEARD of him!  That should prove my case right there!  Haaa!  Haaa!  I am SO proud of him winning the Yahoo Buzz award!  Ending this year with that victory and UNLIMITED release are like the bow on the package, the icing on the cake, the kiss to seal the deal.  I am forever his, Kim Hyun Joong!  He is my Angel of the East, and I am his North American Noona!  Hugs and special love to my readers!  Hope you all have the Merriest Christmas and Happy New Year!  Share Hyun Joong with everyone you meet!

click on the picture below to review [UNLIMITED] Memories in my photo album at google+!



And finally, Just for LAZERKIM who helped me get started in my blog... I will be forever grateful to her!  An album of nothing but Hyun Joong at AIRPORTS!  LOL!  The most memorable photo at an airport was the one where Hyun Joong was wearing some really cute sandals...and I discovered that even his feet are JUST GORGEOUS!  He is perfection from head to toe.... there is simply no doubt!

click on the picture below to review AIRPORT Memories in my photo album at google+!




And so, I will end this post with my thoughts on the City Conquest Controversy.  I am not sure what to think about the reports that none of the three major broadcasting stations in S Korea have agreed to air the drama City Conquest for some REALLY lame and non credible reasons.  The plot for City Conquest is no more violent or revenge driven than Lee Min Ho's City Hunter or IRIS both aired last year.  I enjoyed both of these dramas a great deal and never heard anything about any controversy.  IRIS has movie like special effects and probably cost a lot to produce as well as City Hunter.  Their excuses hold no water with me.

For some reason, someone in power does not like this drama.  Maybe they have a problem with MEDIA BAEK.. or KEYEAST or more shockingly, Hyun Joong himself.  If any of the parties involved did not play along with a big investor, they can certainly be banned from local TV.  Not anything new... why else would there be drama plots about this very thing?  I am currently watching Spy Myung Wol and this could be influencing my opinion slightly!  Haaa!  Haaa!  It's just very obvious that someone with some say so has decided to be against this drama for whatever reason.  It sucks, it's not fair, and Hyun Joong has worked hard only to be treated like crap by his own country once again.  All I have to say to that is.... NYAAAHH NYAAAHH NYAAAHH!  He will be a HUGE hit overseas and S. Korean T.V. is missing out on the potential big profit.  Their loss.



I love you, my Angel!  You are better than this and show it when you are all smiles at the Yahoo Buzz awards getting your well deserved trophy from your fans... the ones whose opinions matter most!  And just look at his record sales in Japan for UNLIMITED!   Topping Oricon and being the first K-pop star to sell over 200,000 copies of any album in 2011.  You are a GLOBAL star, baby!  S. Korea just isn't big enough for you.  Come to the US and learn English.  We will put you in Hollywood movies and let you rock our stadiums with your own brand, Kim Hyun Joong music style.

Please look forward to a post around Christmas time.  I am preparing a special year end present for Hyun Joong's fans and it will be great fun.  I was hoping to include it in this post... but, I am so busy and have not had time to complete it.  I wanted to get this out to you as some of you have expressed that you miss me!  Komowo!  I miss you too!  See you next time!