I have created this site for us, Hyun Joong's fans, to honestly express our thoughts and feelings in a safe forum governed with honor and respect as our hearts overflow with love for our Angel. May he be as proud of us, his faithful followers, as we are of him, our idol. Oh, cheonsa, Kim Hyun Joong.


Please email me at angeljoong@gmail.com




If English is hard for you to read you can translate the site here...

Translate Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Kim Hyun Joong: Angel Sword


[ARTICLE]  Kim Hyun Joong Raphael Healing Idol

Today I want to talk about Kim Hyun Joong's dual edged sword... It is the weapon of an Angel... A flaming dual edged sword.  I had mentioned in a previous article (back when I was on wordpress)  that his Christian Name is Raphael.  Raphael is an Archangel of the Lord and he is known as the Healing Angel.  Quite fitting for Hyun Joong as he is also known as the Healing Idol.  Raphael the Archangel's sword has been described as being made of flame and is used to both injure and heal.  Hyun Joong uses his dual edged sword with one side being sharpened by his natural showmanship and ability to connect with his audience's emotions during performances.  The other side is sharpened by his sweet, charming, and charismatic personality.  With these two edges he slays his competition and heals the hearts of his fans.


Kim Hyun Joong hones one edge of his sword with his powerful performances as a Musician.  He knocks his critics and fans off their feet and cuts through all resistance going straight to the heart.  His sincerity and purity wound us so beautifully as he casts aside any defense and gets right inside our most vulnerable places.  Our hearts ache with his indescribable presence on stage and his angelic and sexy voice in live performances and on recordings.  His voice is pure and edgy leaving us completely slain at his feet.  He touches the emotional and the physical and we have nowhere to run.  As he has matured, he has become so manly, we are trapped by his sex appeal as well.  We are frozen in awe as we watch this amazing man on stage and we can't stop listening to his songs over and over all day long.


We Interrupt this Article for the following FanGirl Freakout:

WAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH!  I am so pumped listening to 'CREEP' over and over at youtube.  This raw performance demonstrates precisely what I am trying to convey with this message of a double edged sword.  Kim Hyun Joong slays us every time!  I can do nothing but close my eyes and listen as he floats up to those high notes and touches me deep inside.  With that reverb on the mike... those high notes sound so perfect!  He sings them better than I do... and I'm a GIRL!  No, seriously, he is just so sexy with this song.  His voice is full of emotion.  Just BEAUTIFUL!  He is showing himself to be far superior with this performance.


When I can't stop hitting 'repeat' on a song.. that is the power I am talking about.  I just can't stop.  Even the word he says that would be edited out on radio here in the US because it is one of the banned offensive words... he just says it so sweetly!  I can't be offended!  Haaaa!  Haaaa!  Of course, it's cute like a child saying it!  But, he's all man on the rest!  Broken, emotinal, manly!  AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!  I can't stand it!  He's killing me!  Slash/Slash his blade hit it's target true... that target is my open, bare, vulnerable heart!  I am now dead to any but Kim Hyun Joong!

P.S.  Kim Hyun Joong -ssi... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE record CREEP on your next album for us!  I don't know if the copyright is public domain as of yet... but, if you ask RADIOHEAD and let them listen to your cover... I'm sure they would agree!  Please, Please, Please... I am begging on my knees!  I want to listen OVER AND OVER AND OVER until I die!  Thank you, sincerely... The Crazy Fan Girl inside the mature American Ahjumma, Angie -ssi.


Thank you for bearing the crazy rantings of a die hard fan!

We now return to the narrative:

The second honing tool Kim Hyun Joong uses is his ability as an Actor to completely transform himself into a character and take us into the world of that fictitious person. He is a method actor who takes on the full personality of a character, putting it on and taking it off like a suit of armor.  He BECOMES his character by changing his entire look and adopting the mannerisms, emotions, and experiences of the person.  The killer effect is that while he is performing, the real Kim Hyun Joong is buried deep inside giving the character that unique quality that is Hyun Joong.  Yet, the character is still unrecognizable as the real person Kim Hyun Joong.  We can believe the existence of this character so completely because he has many facets and depth, just like a real person.  Just like Kim Hyun Joong.

Let's talk about that deep, many faceted diamond that is the personality of Hyun Joong -ssi.  He has become this rough and tough man, showing us his raw rocker personality.  Yet, he remains a bit innocent, childish, and naive with his 4D personality.  It is charming and our hearts cannot escape the hook.  We are drawn to him like a fish to a juicy bit of bait, and once he has his hook in our heart, we are forever caught.  We belong only to Kim Hyun Joong.  Whether he decides to throw us back in the water or not... we cannot escape him.  We will follow in his wake, happy just to be near him, to see him, to experience him.


At times, we become slaves to the animal instinct as he shows us his sexy, manly toughness.  We are drawn to him with a hunger when he shows his protective gentlemanly side.  When his cute side comes out, our hearts go soft like a mother for her child.  When he is giving himself to help those in need, not just his money, but also his time and his heart, we are moved to be better people.  When his intelligence shows, we are mesmerized with awe by the demonstration.  When he smiles through his exhaustion, we connect with him on a human level, knowing he feels the same pain and tiredness we do.

All of this is wrapped around such a beautiful soul it's like looking through the facets of a diamond into the brilliant center.  His beauty and warmth burst out and surround us.  All pain, sorrow, fear and suffering are consumed by the Peace, Love and Grace that is the person Kim Hyun Joong.  I continue to see the photos of his sweet face, remember the scenes from his dramas, sing his songs subconsciously as a soundtrack to my life, and remember his inspirational actions and words deep in my heart.  You will often find me singing at the top of my lungs around my apartment because he has helped me find the happiness I thought was lost in my life.


So, this week I will share another song for my Healing Angel.  And by share, I mean sing for you.  This is a song I have sung in church many a time.  The song is discussing our relationship with God the Father.  I do feel that when a person is walking in the right path, they can become God's Representative, just as Raphael is a Representative of God.  I believe that Kim Hyun Joong, because of his strong moral character combined with his soft heart for his fellow human beings is definitely a Representative of Heaven.

I believe any person can be used by God to carry out His Love on earth regardless of religion.  That is why I feel this song describes the kind of blessing Kim Hyun Joong brings when he both wounds and heals with his sword of flame.  With his looks and talent, he strikes us in the heart and we are made vulnerable.  He then provides warmth and love as a healing balm through his beautiful personality.




Listen Here at my Youtube... I recorded it in the shower where I sing my best!  :D  Hope you are able to feel what I feel when I experience Kim Hyun Joong.  God reaches out to my weary and wounded body and places a Pearl of Heaven in my heart.  I can then keep moving through life as if nothing were weighing me down.  I hope you feel that too when you see and hear him and read my words about him here.  It is only my intent to share him so you can experience the miracle with me:


Beauty for Ashes
Crystal Lewis

He gives beauty for ashes
Strength for tears
Gladness for mourning
Peace for despair
(repeat)

When sorrow seems to surround you
When suffering hangs heavy o'er your head
Know that tomorrow brings
Wholeness and healing
God knows your need
Just believe what he said

He gives beauty for ashes
Strength for fear
Gladness for mourning
Peace for despair
(repeat)

When what you've done keeps you from moving on
When Fear wants to make itself at home in your heart
Know that forgiveness brings
Wholeness and healing
God knows your need
Just believe what he said

He gives beauty for ashes
Strength for fear
Gladness for mourning
Peace for despair
(repeat)